How to make gluten free chickpea pizza bases
Makes: 4 pizza bases | Prep: 10 min | Cook: 10 min
2 cups chickpea flour
250 ml (1 cup) water
15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
3. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, water, olive oil and salt until well mixed.
4. Spread mixture out into rounds (depending on size of the base desired).
5. Then using a spoon, spread the mixture outwards in a circular motion, the same way you wold coat a pizza base with tomato sauce. The mixture is quite thick so it needs a bit of manual spreading.
6. Spread to the desired size and keep the thickness in mind that you would like to end up with, thick or thiner crust.
7. Bake for 5–10 minutes or until crust is slightly crispy.
8. Remove from oven, turn over and peel paper away from base.
9. Your base is now ready for tomato sauce and toppings. Garnish and pop back in the oven until the cheese has melted.
Enjoy your gluten free, crispy pizza bases with any toppings you choose.
Don’t forget to sign up to our newsletters for more innovative recipes like this one.