Grilled nectarine and goat’s cheese kebabs
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 8 min | Makes: 8 skewers
100 g Chevin or creamy goat’s cheese
1 Tbsp (15 ml) fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
1 tsp (5 ml) honey
Freshly milled salt and pepper
2 nectarines, cut into 8 wedges
1 tsp (5 ml) olive oil
Honey for drizzling
8 mini skewers
1. In a small mixing bowl, mix the Chevin or goat’s cheese, thyme and honey until evenly combined. Season to taste.
2. Roll into 8 balls. Chill for at least 20 minutes.
3. Heat a griddle pan until smoking hot.
4. Gently toss nectarine wedges in olive oil.
5. Grill nectarines until slightly charred.
6. Place a nectarine wedge and Chevin ball onto each skewer.
7. Arrange onto a serving plate.
8. Drizzle with some honey and serve.
The nectarines can also be replaced with halved grilled figs for some variety or depending on season. Isn’t this snack just a peach? I can just picture you standing there snacking on this with white wine in hand.