Green beans and tomatoes with a sultry salsa verde
For the salsa verde:
2 garlic cloves
1 cup or 30 g parsley leaves, roughly chopped
Juice and zest of ½ a lemon
15 ml red wine vinegar
60 ml Jimmy Public olive oil
Freshly milled salt and pepper to taste
For the beans and tomatoes:
250 g baby tomatoes
15 ml Jimmy Public olive oil
150 g fine green beans, blanched
1. Place the anchovies, capers, garlic, parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice and vinegar into a small blender and pulse until it resembles a pesto.
2. Add the olive oil and pulse again until well combined and season to taste.
3. Heat the 15 ml olive oil in a pan and sauté the tomatoes until blistered.
4. Blanch your beans by boiling them for 2 min and then dunking them in ice cold water to stop the cooking process.
5. Add the blanched beans to the pan and sauté for a minute.
6. Remove the pan from the heat and toss the salsa verde with the beans and tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
Serve this side warm or at room temperature – both are delicious and will more than likely warrant a second helping.
Have you signed up to our newsletter? We’ve got plenty of delicious recipes to send you for even more cooking inspiration.