A gluten-free spiced pear and almond tart
Prep time: 25 min | Baking time: 35 min | Makes: 1 large tart
For the filling:
250 ml almond flour
50 ml castor sugar
200 ml cream
5 ml vanilla extract
Icing sugar for sprinkling
Fresh mint to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Start with the pastry. In a food processor, blitz all the pastry ingredients together. Add more almond flour if too wet or more water if too dry. Remove from the processor and gently work the dough together.
3. Roll out the pastry on a floured work surface and line a tart dish with the pastry – press it in gently. Fill your pastry-lined tart dish with ceramic baking beans and bake for about 8 minutes or until the pastry is firm.
Remove the beans and cook for another 4 minutes until your pastry is golden brown and biscuity.
4. Now for the poached pears. Heat the water and sugar. Add the cinnamon, star anise, peppercorns and vanilla. Add the pear halves and poach until just tender. Remove from the syrup and place into the tart.
5. In a bowl, mix the eggs, almond flour, castor sugar, cream and vanilla extract. Pour over the pears and bake in your pre-heated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until the tart has set.
6. Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve with fresh mint and mascarpone cheese.
Do you love baking? So do we! Sign up to our newsletters to make sure you receive our latest and greatest recipes freshly baked in our kitchen and please do share your beautiful baked desserts with us over on Instagram.