Easy three bean salad
Ingredients (serves 4):
For the salad:
200 g fine green beans
200 g tinned butter beans, rinsed
200 g tinned kidney beans, rinsed
1 red onion, thinly chopped
For the dressing:
Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
Juice and zest of 1/2 orange
60ml extra virgin olive oil
1 red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp mustard
3 Tbsp chopped mint, basil and parsley
1. To make the dressing, blend all the ingredients together and set aside. We used this nifty Universal Mixer from Mastrad.
2. Boil the green beans in water for 3 minutes until tender.
3. Drain, refresh in cold water and drain again.
4. In a serving bowl mix the green, butter and kidney beans together.
5. Top with onion and drizzle generously over the dressing. Season with salt and pepper to serve.
And that’s literally all there is to this simple classic. You might like your granny’s bean salad best, but this fresh and tasty one is definitely worth giving a go. Not convinced? Tell us why the one you grew up with around the fire side is so special.