Easy eating deep dish mini pizzas
Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Makes: 12
6 flour wraps or 12 mini wraps
100 g mini salami bites, thinly sliced
60 ml passata
½ tsp dried oregano
1½ cups grated mozzarella
6 baby tomatoes, halved
± 2 Tbsp basil pesto
For the garnish:
Fresh basil leaves
¼ cup parmesan shavings (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Using a 10 cm cup or ramekin, cut circles from the flour wraps to make 12 in total.
3. Lightly grease a muffin tray with a little olive oil and line with the little wraps.
4. Mix passata and oregano use it to line the base of each wrap.
5. Fill each one with mozzarella and sliced salami.
6. Top with a halved tomato and a dollop of basil pesto.
7. Bake for about 15 minutes or until the filling is golden and the bases are firmly set.
8. Serve garnished with fresh basil leaves and parmesan shavings.
You don’t have to stick to the same filling for all the pizzas. Mix up the salami bites with chopped ham, diced chorizo or even feta.
I’m not a fan of wasting food, so if you’re wondering what to do with the offcuts from the wraps you can totally turn them into nachos. Cut the wraps into bite size pieces, drizzle them with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and smoked paprika. Pop them in the oven at 200°C until crispy and serve with a generous amount of sour cream and guacamole.
Remember, these dishes are all hands so don’t be afraid to roll up those sleeves and get involved.