Cuisipro Cupcake Corer Review & Raspberry White Chocolate Cupcakes
My cupcakes usually consist of cake plus icing, but with the cupcake corer I was able to add some delicious filled centres to that already winning combination. And my options for flavour combinations have just become endless. Not a bad thing, right?
Basically, the cupcake corer set consists of 4 different tools – a cupcake corer, an icing spatula, and two squeeze bottles for icing (one with a round tip, and one with a star tip). It was everything I needed for creating beautiful filled cupcakes. And the steps are super duper simple and easy. I decided to make raspberry and white chocolate cupcakes, but you can use the same technique with any combination of cupcakes and fillings.
My ingredients were:
12 vanilla cupcakes (recipe here)
1 batch white chocolate buttercream icing (recipe here)
1 bottle raspberry jam
12 fresh raspberries (and some silver balls and plastic reindeer for Christmas cheer)
To make raspberry and white chocolate cupcakes:
1. First, make your cupcakes.
2. While they cool down, you can mix your icing (white chocolate icing in my case) and get all your fillings and decorations ready.
3. When the cupcakes have cooled completely, use the cupcake corer to make holes in the centre of each cupcake.
4. Using the icing spatula, carefully scoop your choice of filling into the holes.
5. Fill your squeeze bottles with icing. This is easily done by unscrewing the top and filling the bottle with a spoon.
6. Now you can use the squeeze bottle to pipe icing onto your cupcakes, in whatever design you like.
7. And last, but not least, add your decorations.
Other fillings that worked well were Caramel and Nutella. And I bet lemon curd filling and meringue topping would make great lemon meringue cupcakes too… yum. Like I said, the options are endless!
The Cuisipro Cupcake Corer set is extremely handy, and the simple and easy-to-use tools make it ideal for baking with little ones too. You’re in for some grand adventures with this one, bakers.