Cranberry Crunchie Edible Gift Kit
“I enjoy receiving gifts with a personal touch, something that says a bit of time and thought has been taken but that is practical too. So this year as Christmas gifts for my parents I really didn’t want to go the route of another framed family photo. I was glad to find the perfect container for mom who has recently done a kitchen re-vamp. But what about the personal touch?
Enter, one set of ingredients for super delicious, quick and easy Cranberry Crunchies.
To get the look simply layer the following ingredients in any 1.5 litre jar:
1 cup wholewheat flour
1 cup oats
1 cup caramel sugar (or white – the caramel adds colour to the jar)
1 cup coconut
½ cup cranberries
½ cup sunflower seeds
½ cup sesame seeds
1 cup oats (adding a bit more till you top up the jar)
Pop on the lid, add a ribbon or a Christmassy decoration and don’t forget to include the baking instructions:
- Melt 250g (half a block) of butter and 2 Tbs syrup together in a mixing bowl.
- Add all the contents of the glass jar and mix well.
- Spread into a greased baking tray (or a rectangular roasting pan) and press down.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool a couple of mins before marking into squares.
- Cool before removing from baking tray.
If you are giving the jar to a non-baker you can always add your own creations (biscotti, rusks, biscuits).”
Thanks for the idea, Debbie. Browse our jars selection if this idea takes your fancy.