Chocolate pancakes with fresh raspberries
Ingredients (makes 8–10 pancakes):
For the chocolate ganache
200g dark chocolate, chopped
For the pancake batter
½ cup plain flour
¼ cup cocoa powder
2 Tbsp caster sugar
3 eggs, lightly beaten
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
¾ cup milk
Fresh raspberries, to serve
1. To make the ganache, place the cream in a saucepan over a medium heat. When it just below boiling point, remove the saucepan and stir in the chocolate until it has melted and the mixture is smooth. Let it sit for 5 minutes to thicken up a bit.
2. While the ganache cools, sift flour and cocoa into another bowl and stir in the caster sugar.
3. Whisk the egg, oil and milk together in a jug. Gradually add the egg mixture to the flour mixture, whisking until smooth and combined. Cover and set aside for 30 minutes.
4. Heat an 18–20cm pancake pan or small frying pan over a medium heat. Lightly grease with butter.
5. Pour ¼ cup pancake batter into the pan and swirl to coat the base. Cook for 2 minutes or until slightly bubbly and lacy on the edges. Flip and cook for a further 30 seconds. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining batter.
Serve pancakes with chocolate ganache and scatterings of raspberries, and revel in your pancake proficiency.