Brownie mix in a jar
The jar contains:
240g NoMU Decandent Hot Chocolate Pieces
1½ cups white sugar
½ cup light brown sugar – brown sugar makes the brownies extra moist
1¼ cups cake flour
2 tbsp NoMU Rich Dark Cocoa Powder
When brownies are needed, just add:
175g butter, cut into small squares
3 eggs, at room temperature
A pinch of salt, if you use unsalted butter to bring out the flavour
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180°C.
2. Line a cake pan with baking paper and make sure the paper is well greased with butter or non-stick spray.
3. In a heavy bottomed sauce pan, melt the chocolate and the butter together on low heat, stirring constantly.
4. Remove the mixture from the heat, and stir in the sugars. Let it cool to room temperature.
5. Now add the eggs, and stir to combine.
6. Add the flour, salt and cocoa powder and mix them into the batter.
7. Pour the batter into the pan, and bake for 40 minutes.
8. Let the brownies cool in the pan, then lift them out with the baking paper and cut into squares.
We packed ours into the beautiful weathered Joie de Vivre box. Doesn’t it look grand?
For more special gift ideas, take a look at these.