Bake this delicious bread and butter pudding
300 ml cream
600 ml milk
100 g caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla essence
8 Chelsea buns (a few days old)/or hot cross buns
2 tsp grated lemon zest
80 g soft butter
Icing sugar, for dusting
1. Heat your oven to 170°C.
2. Warm the cream and milk in a pot over a gentle heat.
3. Whisk the eggs, sugar and vanilla together in a large bowl, then gradually add the warm cream mixture, being careful not to scramble the eggs.
4. Break the buns and arrange them in a large, shallow ovenproof dish.
5. Grate some lemon zest and scatter with a few small cubes of butter over the bread.
6. Pour the cream mixture over the bread and set aside to soak for 15 minutes.
7. Bake for 50 minutes until set, then remove and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
8. Dust lightly with icing sugar and serve while still warm.
Grab a spoon, tuck in and enjoy. Resisting is futile with this dish folks.