Food on the go: artichoke and quinoa salad
Set on healthier habits but running out of salad options to throw together? Don’t panic. This grain-like Bolivian gem adds heaps of nutrition, not to mention protein to your office lunches. Keen-wa?
The nifty partitions in Sistema food containers mean the guacamole for your Mediterranean-inspired meal is fresh and handy as ever – a sure way to get a colleague all artichoked up with envy.
Ingredients (serves 4):
For the salad
2 cups quinoa
15ml NoMU Eqyptian Dukkah
1 tin artichokes
100g soft danish feta
1 tin black pitted olives
1 red pepper, cleaned and chopped into blocks
1 packet sugar snaps
1 pack wild rocket
250ml sour cream
2 garlic cloves
1 shallot, finely chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
Chilli Falksalt as optional extra
1. Prepare your quinoa as per the instructions on the pack (it will take approximately 15 minutes). When it’s ready, add the dukkah and mix through. If packing for your work lunch, put the quinoa in first.
2. Scatter the sliced artichokes, soft danish feta chopped into blocks, black pitted olives and chopped up red pepper over your quinoa.
3. Boil the kettle and pour the hot water over the sugar snaps and leave for 2 minutes. Drain off the water and add to your salad.
4. In a blender, add all the ingredients for the dressing and blend thoroughly. If you’re packing it for lunch tomorrow, put the dressing in the tiny salad dressing insert in the lid of the Sistema To Go Salad Container to keep it fresh.
5. If serving immediately, add the dressing, mix through and plate with a garnish of rocket.
Pack the rest of your salad into your Sistema To Go Salad container, pop the dressing in its own little compartment and show the guys and girls at work just how easy and fuss-free a healthy lunch can be.
If the efficiency and practicality of Sistema food containers just totally blew your hair back, head this way to see the full range.
With thanks to Sybil Doms for her lovely styling and beautiful recipes.