A trusty, classic pancake recipe
Ingredients (makes 8–10 pancakes):
1 cup plain flour, sifted
A pinch of salt
1¼ cups milk
15g butter, melted
Sugar, cinnamon and lemon wedges, to serve
1. Place the flour and salt in a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre. In a separate mixing bowl, use a whisk to beat together the eggs, milk and butter.
2. Pour the milk mixture into the flour and whisk, gradually incorporating the flour until smooth and all combined. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Heat a pancake pan or small frying pan over a medium heat. Lightly grease with butter.
4. Pour ¼ cup pancake batter into the pan and swirl to coat the base. Cook for 2 minutes or until golden and lacy.
5. Turn over and cook for a further 30 seconds. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining batter.
Serve with sugar, cinnamon and a lemon wedge or your favourite pancake fillings. Enjoy.