Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take to arrive?
- What precautions are you taking for COVID-19?
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
Cooking with clay is a clever, all-natural way to make healthy, nutritious meals packed full of the food’s natural flavours. From moist meat dishes, soups and stews to succulent roast chicken, hearty casseroles and even desserts, these clay pots simmer, steam and braise dishes in their own juices, with deliciously tender and tasty results. This centuries old cooking method dates back to ancient times, with the ancient Romans producing enormous quantities of clay cooking pots. The Romertopf lid remains unglazed and requires about 15 minutes of soaking in tap water before each use. The water that is absorbed by the unglazed clay lid is slowly released during the cooking process. These tiny water particles penetrate the food, blending with the natural food juices and enhancing tenderness, flavour and aroma.
- Oval lidded clay roaster perfect for slow cooking
- Can be used in the oven or the microwave for quick cooking
- Cooks food in its own juices so no additional fat is necessary
- Simply soak the lid in water for 15 minutes before use for perfect steam cooking
- Clay is porous so absorbs, stores, and when the heat intensifies, gives off water
- Ensures moist and tender meals full of natural flavour
- Maintains vitamins, minerals and aromas of the ingredients
- As there is always moisture available, your meal can bake up to 25 minutes beyond the given cooking time without burning
- Perfect for oven to table use as it retains heat to keep dishes warm while serving
- Made from natural clay sourced in Germany
- Easy to handle and dishwasher safe
For over 50 years, Römertopf's iconic clay bakers and jars have been renowned for their superb cooking results. The pure elemental clay, from which each clay baker and jar is crafted, is extracted from a specific region in Germany and gives Römertopf products their unique and exceptional cooking qualities.
3L Modern Brick Clay Roaster
- Dimensions: L 35cm x W 23cm x H 17cm
- Capacity: 3L
- Meat capacity: 2.5kg
- Serves: 2-4
5L Modern Brick Clay Roaster
- Dimensions: L 39cm x W 27cm x H 20cm
- Capacity: 5L
- Meat capacity: 5kg
- Serves: 4-6
- Heat Source: Oven, Microwave
- Wash with hot water and a mild dishwashing liquid
- Do not use harsh abrasives on the lid which can damage the porous and unglazed clay
- Clean with a stiff brush or non-abrasive sponge
- Dishwasher safe
- Use the normal wash cycle and be sure to let the clay baker dry completely before storing
- If the unglazed lid is retaining odours, make a solution of baking soda and water in the base of the baker, cover with the soaked lid and bake for 30 minutes at 191°C to help pull the left-over smell out of the lid
- Do not use on stovetop or open flame
- This warranty is limited to manufacturing defects, error or damage in shipping which are reported within 7 days from purchase
- Improper use or abuse of product will nullify warranty
Customer Reviews & Ratings
5.0 out of 5 stars from 1 review
If you have not got a Romertopf clay roaster do yourselves a favour and get one. It is the best. The meat comes out so tender and juicy. If cooking meat on the bone, the meat just falls off the bone. I always get compliments from everyone that eats one of my roasts done in it.
I would recommend this product to a friend.