Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take to arrive?
- What precautions are you taking for COVID-19?
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
The gnarled old bush vines that produce this characterful Chenin Blanc are planted in some of the purest granite soils on the foothills of the magnificent Helderberg Mountain in Stellenbosch. The grapes were picked by hand as well as manually sorted to ensure the purity of varietal expression was maintained. Gently de-stemmed before an equally gentle pressing in a pneumatic bag press, and the extracted juice was settled in chilled stainless steel tanks prior to alcoholic fermentation. This took place mainly in tank, on the lees, with about 30% of the must being transferred into small, Burgundian barrels for natural fermentation for four days. In combination these steps have resulted in the preservation of freshness, but also the development of considerable fruit and aromatic intricacy in the wine alongside the mineral edge it so proudly displays. The wine retains lively fruit, a lithe texture, steely acidity and abundant aromatic concentration.
- Radford Dale Vinum 2017 chenin blanc
- The fresh vibrancy of white peach and apple aromas on the nose hint at the wine’s sophisticated elegance and a touch of cinnamon adds to its complexity
- A generous mid-palate of quince and pineapple and a weighty feel reward, while the bright acidity refreshes with an interesting tang that tapers off into a clean, mineral finish
- Wine of origin in Stellenbosch
- Volume: 750ml
- ABV: 12.5%
- Residual sugar: 2.9g/l
- Total acidity: 5.7g/l
- pH: 3.53
Customer Reviews & Ratings
Here's your chance to write the first review for this product.