Named for the isiShona word for Mopane worms, this proudly South African beer is brewed using indigenous insects to produce a deliciously nutty flavour. Brewed in collaboration with Gourmet Grubb, who are leading the 'crawl' of integrating insects into the everyday Western diet as a sustainable, nutritious, and affordable choice.
- A slight sour note on the nose moves toa smooth, silky brown ale malt
- Some slight caramel, followed by a pronounced nuttiness brought about by the bugs a distinctive, unique flavour
- Appearance: Rusty amber
- Aroma: Spicy and malty with a woody note
- Flavour: Caramel malt and spice with an earthy yet tart finish
- Mouthfeel: Smooth and medium-bodied