Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take to arrive?
- What precautions are you taking for COVID-19?
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
Mia Mélange has designed the products of the Mbizi collection to be more durable than their cotton range, allowing them to be suitable for use indoors and outdoors on a patio. The products are made from South African sourced multifilament polypropylene and the rope is carefully sewn together in a coiling technique.
The Mbizi collection is inspired by Mia Mélange's love of Africa. Mbizi is the Shona word for Zebra. The forms and colours of Mbizi designs are inspired by these animals, social in nature. The materials and colours are further inspired by modern manmade technologies, such as concrete structures and polypropylene.
- Carefully sewn together in a coiling technique
- Made from South African sourced multifilament polypropylene
- All products are handcrafted and variances may occur — no two products will be exactly the same
- These lidded baskets are the perfect way to keep your bathroom or bedroom tidy
- Use them for laundry, or for storing blankets, towels, or kids' toys
Mia Mélange aims to create high-quality handcrafted products using the best local materials. Each product is carefully designed and produced with attention to detail. Believing in quality over quantity, handwork is preferred over machine whenever possible. The designs are inspired by a love for nature, texture, natural materials and ancient crafting techniques combined to create modern and functional design. Mia Mélange believes in empowering women and creating opportunities. At the studio in Stellenbosch, a small team of highly valued crafters are carefully trained and given a life skill.
- Dimensions: 40cm D x 45cm H
Cotton rope products (and the products containing jute):
- Rub with broad adhesive tape, or gently spot clean with a wet cloth and mild hand wash soap.
- It is best for the cotton rope not to get wet. For the best results if the product does need to be washed, please hand wash gently.
- It is also possible to machine wash the smaller rope products. Please ensure the product dries evenly.
- Because of the thickness of the cotton rope, the product may dry slightly yellow. In this case, rewash the product and ensure that it dries evenly and as fast as possible.
- For products made from dyed cotton rope, it is recommended that the dyed rope does not get wet. Dyed rope may run when wet. If the product does need to be washed, please hand wash gently with cold water and ensure that it dries evenly and as fast as possible.
- Extra weight may cause the baskets to sag. If the baskets do start sagging or folding at the bottom, shake the basket out to its original shape and place something inside the basket to push out the folds and maintain the original shape. Items such as towels, blankets or even scatter cushions work well.
- Please make sure that wet laundry is not stored in the cotton baskets.
Multifilament polypropylene or polyester rope products:
- Rub with broad adhesive tape, or spot clean with water and mild soap.
- For the best results if the product does need to be washed, hand wash gently.
- It is also possible to machine wash the smaller rope products. Please ensure that the product dries evenly.