Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take to arrive?
- Can I send it as a gift?
- Why can't I add this to my registry?
Notify me when this item is available
- Made in South Africa
- Exclusive to Yuppiechef
Welcome to the world of Mervyn Gers, where each tableware item is individually handmade in their Cape Town studio using their own clay, designs and glazes. Clay is mixed with finely milled ceramic, to create a rougher texture, which is then shaped and fired at up to 1220°C to create strong, long-lasting stoneware. These individually handcrafted glazed bowls have a beautifully organic look and are ideal for small salads, server dishes, oysters on ice and large pastas.
- Set of 2 medium sized bowls
- Made of smooth earthenware clay
- Ideal for small salads, server dishes, oysters on ice and large pastas
- Manufactured from Mervyn Gers' own clay and specialised glazes
- All items are handmade, making variations in texture and finish a charming part of their look
- Handmade in Cape Town
About Mervyn Gers
Mervyn Gers makes functional and decorative handmade ceramics that bring a natural, textured touch to any table. Every item is handcrafted using either a wheel-throwing or a mould-shaping technique, glazed by hand-dipping them in one of Mervyn Gers' bespoke glazes. Founded in 2011, these award-winning ceramics can be found on the tables of the best chefs and restaurants.
- Capacity: 700ml
- Dimensions: 23cm D x 6.5cm H
- Material: Glazed stoneware
- Microwave safe
- Dishwasher safe
- For the items with gold trims it is recommended to hand wash, due to gold lustres