Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take to arrive?
- What precautions are you taking for COVID-19?
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
Long recognised for producing world-class wines, Meerlust Estate has been the pride of the Myburgh family since 1756. Today, the traditional dedication to the art of winemaking continues under the guidance of Hannes Myburgh, eighth generation custodian of this seventeenth-century national monument.
- Very deep, youthful colour, and intense almost purple hue
- Very classic Rubicon nose with violets, ripe plum, cedar wood and intense spiciness
- A typical liquorice note and stony minerality also evident on the nose. Still youthful and intense, promising further maturation potential
- The palate is full bodied, structured by beautifully sleek, ripe tannins which restrain the vibrant dark fruit typical of this vintage, giving the wine an opulent texture which is kept focused by the linear acidity. The wine lingers on the palate with creamy fruit mouth-filling tannins
- Ageing potential of 15 – 20 years, provided wine is stored in ideal cellar condition
- Ideally served at 18°C – 20°C
Blend: 67% Cabernet Sauvignon, 14% Merlot, 12% Cabernet Franc and 7% Petit Verdot
- Allergens: Sulphur
- Contains: 750ml
- Origin: Western Cape
- Alc vol: 13.9%
Customer Reviews & Ratings
5.0 out of 5 stars from 1 review
Bought the wine upon recommendation from a friend and found it to be very good. Nice drinking, chatting, relaxing wine - goes great with any type of food. Will definitely recommend to other buyers. I am going to buy 6 more as you cannot find this in liquor stores anymore.
I would recommend this product to a friend.