If four and twenty blackbirds baked in a pie sounds about right to you, then the Pie Bird is just the ticket. Designed to help vent steam from the inside of a pie with a pastry lid, the pretty pie bird helps to ensure a crispy, flakey crust of wonder. Just cut a hole into the lid, and rest the pastry on the able shoulders of your bird. Happy pie-making, friendly folks.
- Perfect item to use when baking a pie with a pastry lid
- Simply place the bird in the centre of the dish before covering the pie with the pastry lid, cutting a hole for the bird to poke through and securing the pastry around its shoulders.
- The top of the funnel pokes up through the pastry, supporting it and preventing it from dropping into the filling as it bakes
- Funnel has openings at the base, so the pie juices can bubble freely and the centre is hollow and vented through the beak allowing steam to escape and thus ensuring a dry crisp pastry and no leaks from the filling
- Not hob safe
- Oven safe
- Grill safe
- Freezer safe
- Microwave safe
- Dishwasher safe
- Do not use on direct heat
- Heat Source: Oven
5 year guarantee