Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take to arrive?
- What precautions are you taking for COVID-19?
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
Note: We're able to deliver this item to you during the current lockdown level, based on government guidelines. Check the stock availability message box for more information about when we can get it to you.
If four and twenty blackbirds baked in a pie sounds about right to you, then the Pie Bird is just the ticket. Designed to help vent steam from the inside of a pie with a pastry lid, the pretty pie bird helps to ensure a crispy, flakey crust of wonder. Just cut a hole into the lid, and rest the pastry on the able shoulders of your bird. Happy pie-making, friendly folks.
- Perfect item to use when baking a pie with a pastry lid
- Simply place the bird in the centre of the dish before covering the pie with the pastry lid, cutting a hole for the bird to poke through and securing the pastry around its shoulders.
- The top of the funnel pokes up through the pastry, supporting it and preventing it from dropping into the filling as it bakes
- Funnel has openings at the base, so the pie juices can bubble freely and the centre is hollow and vented through the beak allowing steam to escape and thus ensuring a dry crisp pastry and no leaks from the filling
- Not hob safe
- Oven safe
- Grill safe
- Freezer safe
- Microwave safe
- Dishwasher safe
- Do not use on direct heat
- Heat Source: Oven
5 year guarantee
Customer Reviews & Ratings
This little guy makes a great present, particularly for someone beginning their Le Creuset collection. I have one of my own and he is very useful, and have given away a few as gifts. I would definitely recommend this as it is cute, while still having the vibrant colour and amazing quality that Le Creuset is so well known for.
I would recommend this product to a friend.