Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take to arrive?
- What precautions are you taking for COVID-19?
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
Since the days of Simon van der Stel, the land at L'Avenir has been planted with vines. In 1992, Mauritian born Marc Wiehe bought the farm and founded L'Avenir and by 1997, the farm was ranked best at that year's Chenin Blanc Challenge. Paying tribute to the terroir of Stellenbosch, L'Avenir focuses primarily on producing the heritage Chenin Blanc and the innovative, local varietal, Pinotage.
- Vineyard region: 0.94 ha of Merlot was established in 1988. This block has a south-westerly slope with a north-south vine orientation. The vines are supported by a 5-hedge trellis system, and supplementary irrigation only supplied during the drier summer months. The Indian Ocean is less than 20km away, and gentle afternoon sea breezes drift over the farm and exert a cooling influence against the late afternoon Cape sun
- Vintage: a warm dry summer resulted in an earlier vintage with excellent healthy ripe grapes and good colour extraction. Yields were normal with good concentration
- Grape varieties: Merlot noir
- Tasting: a very accessible, early-drinking red wine with a gentle tannin structure and a rich red ripe berry finish with deep mocca notes.
- Appearance: ruby red
- Nose: ripe red raspberries and mulberries, gentle oaky caramel with intense fruit aroma
- Palate: soft tannin structure, well-balanced with rich red fruit finish
- Alc/Vol: 14.0%
- Acidity: (Tartaric) 5.5 g/L
- Residual sugar: 4.0 g/L
- pH: 3.52
- Vintage: 2018
Customer Reviews & Ratings
Here's your chance to write the first review for this product.