The famous and best-selling La Dalia Smoked Paprika now in flake form. Red in colour with a unique smoky flavour, Pimentón de La Vera, or smoked paprika, is a versatile seasoning used in countless Spanish recipes. Made from freshly harvested peppers smoked for 15 days over encina oak wood fires, this pimentón is slightly sweet tasting with an intense smoked flavour. It is this intense smoky flavour that sets it apart. La Dalia is the original brand of Pimentón de La Vera, and they still use stone mills to create the finest, most flavourful smoked paprika in Spain. Olé!
- Sweet smoked paprika in a flake form
- One of the key ingredients in authentic paella
- A great spice to use for potatoes, stews and sauces
- The sweet, intense flavour is also fantastic with roasted meat, chicken or fish
- Made from the finest Spanish peppers and smoked over encina oak wood fires
- Comes in a beautiful tin, perfect for gifting
The peppers used to produce La Dalia Pimentón de la Vera are hand-harvested each year in early autumn. Just after harvesting, the peppers are sent to wooden smokehouses filled with the smoke of encina oak wood fires. For 15 days, the peppers are dried in this intense smoke. Once dried, La Dalia grinds the peppers on traditional granite millstones - resulting in a silky, rust-red paprika that is both deeply flavoured and smoky.
Founded in 1913, La Dalia was the first company to produce the famous smoked paprika of La Vera. For generations, this family owned company has produced the finest quality pimentón using traditional production methods. This Pimentón de La Vera is Denominación de Origen (D.O.) - assuring its quality and authenticity.
- Capacity: 40g
- Origin: Spain