Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take to arrive?
- What precautions are you taking for COVID-19?
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
Krone, at Twee Jonge Gezellen Estate in Tulbagh, specialises in the production of vintage-only, terroir-driven Méthode Cap Classiques in the finest tradition using only the traditional grape varieties used in the production of Champagne - Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. This terroir-driven Blanc de Blancs is made in a natural style in small batches. Sculpted by the vintage, it expresses the distinctive character of the Kaaimansgat vineyard, located 700m above sea level, in the cool climate Elandskloof ward.
- Aromas of mandarin peel and the distinct citrus-floral scent of verbena develop gradually into classic white-fruited chardonnay elegance
- Cool, pure Pink Lady apples evolve on the palate edged with a flinty finish, as if cut by a steel knife
- The precise, taut nature of the wine expresses the character of the vintage—a steely framework to support its full, soft mousse along a grain of toast with hints of oatmeal in the background
- With its defined, linear acidity this Blanc de Blancs is restrained in its youth and will develop further in the bottle, becoming more biscuity as it ages
- Volume: 750ml
- Vintage: 2016
- Alc vol: 11%