Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take to arrive?
- What precautions are you taking for COVID-19?
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
"Shi Hou" translates to phoenix - a fitting meaning, because like the mythical animal, these limited knives are forged by flames and enchant with a melancholic look and fiery cutting edge. An absolute highlight that it not only makes collector's hearts beat faster, but sets a new standard in Japanese knives.
- Exclusive handmade Tanto slicer knife
- Limited to a quantity of 200
- Manufactured in the Seki smithy in the finest handwork according to the ancient Samurai tradition
- Precise blade with its damask steel grain represents the perfect art of a traditional Samurai sword
- Slightly curved base, bevelled tip of the blade, and saber-like styling are unique characteristics of a Tanto, the classic Japanese dagger
- Handle is made of best-quality bruyère wood (burl wood of the briar) and ensures that every knife is a valuable collector's item
- The hexagon shape of the handle means the knife lies comfortably in the hand
- As an extra detail, the briar wood is edged with white corian
KAI is one of the world leaders in the manufacture of premium level chefs knives, used by top-class professionals and ambitious hobby cooks. For over 100 years, KAI has pushed the boundaries of aesthetic design, technical innovation and outstanding quality, enjoying cult status in Japan. These amazing razor-sharp knives are created in Seki City, Japan’s 700-year-old centre for Samurai swords.
- Blade length: 30cm
- Blade thickness: 3.3mm
- Blade height: 4.3cm
- Weight: 351g
- Production method: forged
- Blade hardness: 61 HRC
- Blade steel: VG-10 Damascus steel
- Cut: one-sided
- Handle material: bruyère wood
- Handle shape: symmetrical
- Handle length: 13.5cm
- Overall length: 45cm
- Stainless steel: yes
- After each use rinse and clean the knife thoroughly with a soft cloth
- Don't wash with a harsh detergent
- Not dishwasher safe, this will affect the material and the edge's sharpness