Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take?
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
The Seki Magoroku Redwood is a series of chef's knives with a robust stainless steel quality and typically Japanese features. With its highly polished blades, the series includes both single-edged and double-edged blades with stable and well-balanced functionality as well as sharpness. The design combines a minimalist form with traditional Japanese aesthetics. The name comes from the use of the red Pakkawood for the handles, that is particularly resilient and moisture resistant.
- Japanese Nakiri knife for chopping vegetables with an up and down motion on the chopping board
- Blade made of a carbon 1K6 stainless steel with a hardness of 58 (±1) HRC with long lasting edge retention and excellent sharpness
- Handle with a traditional chestnut shape made of Pakkawood
- High quality resins added to the wood make it exceptionally hardy and moisture resistant
- Handle and blade are inserted into each other and firmly connected by a shiny black plastic ferrule
KAI Japan is recognized as one of the world leaders in the manufacture of premium level chefs knives, highly appreciated by top-class professionals as well as ambitious hobby chefs. For over 100 years, KAI Japan has been driven by a constant drive for aesthetic design, technical innovation and outstanding quality, enjoying cult status in Japan. These amazing razor-sharp knives are created in Seki City, Japan’s 700-year-old centre for Samurai swords.
- Blade: 16.5cm
- Handle: 13.4cm
- Always wash the knives by hand in order to protect them and maintain long lasting sharpness
- Never place the blades in the dishwasher
- Use only wooden or plastic boards with medium resistance
- Keep the knives in a blade protector, either in a knife block, on a wall magnetic board
- Blades are absolutely not suitable for cutting bones (including of fish) or frozen foods
Customer Reviews & Ratings
Here's your chance to write the first review for this product.