Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take to arrive?
- What precautions are you taking for COVID-19?
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
Note: We're able to deliver this item to you during the current lockdown level, based on government guidelines. Check the stock availability message box for more information about when we can get it to you.
Having received the Red Dot Design Award in 2013, the Seki Magoroku Composite Series is the symbol of contemporary design expertise from Kai. The series combines dynamism and lightness with a composite blade of two steel grades, laminated and bonded using copper solder.
This results in a stunning flash of copper running along the blade length that turns the blade into a highlight of high-tech engineering. In combination with the pale wooden handle, the knives are futuristic, light, and sophisticated. And most importantly, the knives ensure ultimate sharpness and extraordinary overall performance.
- Japanese Santoku chef's knife for use with fish, meat and vegetables
- Blade combines different textures and grades of steel
- A chamfered, polished bolster merges into the rounded blade back made of SUS420J2 steel
- Made of especially hard VG-MAX steel, the cutting edge has high edge retention and corrosion resistance
- A fair, cross-grained Pakkawood handle is seamlessly attached to the integrated tang, which is suitable for both left- and right-handed users due to its symmetrical shape
- The handle is slim and light, giving it top-heavy and dynamic handling characteristics
- The seamless transition from handle to polished bolster enables the comfortable and easy holding of the blade between thumb and forefinger in a pinch grip
KAI is one of the world leaders in the manufacture of premium level chefs knives, used by top-class professionals and ambitious hobby cooks. For over 100 years, KAI has pushed the boundaries of aesthetic design, technical innovation and outstanding quality, enjoying cult status in Japan. These amazing razor-sharp knives are created in Seki City, Japan’s 700-year-old centre for Samurai swords.
- Blade length: 16.5cm
- Handle: 12cm
- Always wash the knife by hand in order to protect the material and maintain long lasting sharpness
- Immediately after each use, clean the blade under running water and dry with a soft cloth
- Never place the knife in the dishwasher
- Use only wooden or plastic boards with medium resistance
- Keep the knife in a blade protector, either in a knife block, on a wall magnetic board
- Blade is absolutely not suitable for cutting bones (including of fish) or frozen foods