Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take to arrive?
- What precautions are you taking for COVID-19?
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
The Steytler family have been running the 190-hectare sprawling Kaapzicht estate for three generations. The first wine vintage was bottled in 1984 and the farm has since become synonymous with good quality products grown in the beautiful Bottelary Hills region.
- 100% pure, uncoloured and unflavoured Colombar brandy that is hugely complex and intense
- Layers of many different fruits are evident, dried peaches and apricots, citrus, pineapple and almond are among those readily discernable
- Very smooth, full bodied, confirming all the notes picked up on the nose
- Classic dry finish, typical of the great Cognacs
- The brandy is made from 100% Colombar, picked early to preserve flavours, double distilled in the Cognac technique which maximises flavour extraction. Thereafter the spirit is matured in old small oak casks from Limousin, Allier, Nevers, Eastern Europe and the USA
- After the years of maturation, the spirit gets its golden colour and characteristic vanilla and butterscotch flavours from the oak. Water is added to reduce the strength to 40%, and then the brandy is bottled by hand
- Enjoy after dinner, neat, with coffee and black chocolate
- Beautifully packaged, ideal for gifting
- Allergens: Sulphur
- Vintage: 1999
- Origin: Stellenbosch
- 38% alc vol
Customer Reviews & Ratings
Here's your chance to write the first review for this product.