Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take to arrive?
- What precautions are you taking for COVID-19?
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
Even though it may not look like it, this easy-going (and growing) fella is an annual plant of the daisy family. Grown for its fresh leaf vegetable, it can make any salad, wrap, sandwich or burger that much tastier and crunchier. If there was a competition for best dressed, this leafy, multi-coloured and layered plant would take first prize. The lettuce is a delight to grow, loves water and fertile soil, and it looks pretty, too.
- Non-GMO gourmet lettuce seeds encased in recycled paper and coffee grounds
- Makes growing your own veggies and herbs from scratch easier than ever
- Comes with a detailed guide on how to grow these seeds
- Handmade from 100% recycled materials
Gro-Urban is a pioneer of Square Foot Gardening in South Africa. Born from a passion for gardening, an awareness of food security, and a desire to make growing your own food accessible, easy, and even educational, their Square Foot Gardening approach is ideal for everyone, even those with limited outdoor space, wanting to grow ethically and organically. Prepared by hand, and made from non-GMO seeds, handmade paper, and recycled coffee grounds, Gro-Urban seed squares make urban gardening user-friendly and fun.
- Weight: 200g
- Dimensions: 31cm x 32.5cm x 0.4cm
- Variety: Gourmet Salad Mix
- Lifespan: Annual
- Sun requirements: Full sun & afternoon shade during hot months
- Climate: Cool and moist
- Germination: 7-10 days
- Harvest: 1-2 months
- Usable parts: Leaves
- Good companions: Asparagus, beans, beetroot, cabbage, carrots, celery, chicory, cucumber, dill, fennel, kohlrabi, leeks, mint, onions, peas, pumpkins, radish, rhubarb, strawberries, sweetcorn, tomatoes, yarrow
- Bad companions: Parsley, parsnip
- Handy hints: Can be grown all year. No need for much sunlight. Keep moist in summer