Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take?
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
Also known as a Nakiri knife, this Japanese-style square-tip knife is great for chopping meat, root vegetables and big prep jobs. A popular alternative to the Santoku, it is perfect for dicing and cutting thin or thick slices of fruit and vegetables.
This medium-sized professional quality vegetable knife has a sleek and ergonomic handle with a thumb grip, designed for comfort and safety. The hammered finish creates air pockets that prevent food from sticking to the knife.
All knife measurements are for the blade only, not the handle.
- Special three-ply blade construction made from corrosion-resistant 18/8 and Cromova 18 stainless steel
- Unique convex edge of the blade makes cuts smoother, requiring less energy
- Perfectly balanced and ergonomic handles designed in the traditional Japanese bushido way of the Samurai
- 12.5-degree blade edge is mirror-polished by hand for exceptional long-lasting endurance
- Unique thumb rest gives added comfort and control
- Each blade is individually hammered by hand and designed so that small hollows create air pockets between the blade so food elegantly falls away from the surface
- Blade length: 15cm
- Hand wash only, in warm soapy water
- After washing, rinse off with warm water and dry thoroughly with a towel
- Global Knives should not be placed in the dishwasher as this can damage the sharp edges of the blade
- In addition, exposure to extreme heat and powerful detergents found in dishwashers can be harmful to Cromova 18 high carbon stainless steel
- If your knife is not stored or cleaned correctly, you may find that rust can start to develop on it
- General household stainless steel cleaners are available on the market, and any of these can be used to remove rust from your stainless steel
Customer Reviews & Ratings
Well balanced and maintains sharp cutting edge despite protracted vegetable cutting as used extensively throughout the month. Light to the touch and has became my better half's choice of knife. Need to keep it hidden as both of us vie for it at the same time!
I would recommend this product to a friend.