Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take to arrive?
- What precautions are you taking for COVID-19?
- Can I send it as a gift?
- Why can't I add this to my registry?
Notify me when this item is available
An alternative to the chef's knife, the Santoku knife is great for cutting, chopping and mincing vegetables. The blade has a straighter edge than a chef's knife and has a blunted sheeps foot-tip blade with a thinner spine. It can easily slice thin-boned and boneless meats, fish and vegetables.
Originating in Japan, Santoku means three virtues, the three types of food most commonly cut in the kitchen: vegetables, meat, and fish.
This Asian-type knife has a broad blade and especially sharp cutting edge for smooth and effective cutting.
All knife measurements are for the blade only, not the handle.
- Special three-ply blade construction made from corrosion-resistant 18/8 and Cromova 18 stainless steel
- Unique convex edge of the blade makes cuts smoother, requiring less energy
- Perfectly balanced and ergonomic handles designed in the traditional Japanese bushido way of the Samurai
- 12.5-degree blade edge is mirror-polished by hand for exceptional long-lasting endurance
- Unique thumb rest gives added comfort and control
- Each blade is individually hammered by hand and designed so that small hollows create air pockets between the blade so food elegantly falls away from the surface
- Blade length: 13.5cm
- Hand wash only, in warm soapy water
- After washing, rinse off with warm water and dry thoroughly with a towel
- Global Knives should not be placed in the dishwasher as this can damage the sharp edges of the blade
- In addition, exposure to extreme heat and powerful detergents found in dishwashers can be harmful to Cromova 18 high carbon stainless steel
- If your knife is not stored or cleaned correctly, you may find that rust can start to develop on it
- General household stainless steel cleaners are available on the market, and any of these can be used to remove rust from your stainless steel
Customer Reviews & Ratings
5.0 out of 5 stars from 1 review
This is the best knife in our kitchen! Among a collection of great kitchen knives from other well known brands, it stands head and shoulders above. It is incredibly easy to use and dangerously (in a good way!) sharp.
I would recommend this product to a friend.