Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take?
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
Deba is a thicker Japanese-style knife designed to cut through heartier fish flesh for fillet and through bones. This knife will help you get very thin cuts of fruits and vegetables and is great for decorating work too.
A Deba knife is similar to a western style chef's knife and features a broader blade and heavier weight. The Deba knife is a thicker, heavier sashimi knife that is ideal for deboning poultry, fish, and meats.
The heavy knife allows the chef to apply less pressure when cutting through fish skin or bones, as well as vegetables. The Deba features a one-sided blade (it is only ground and sharpened on one side) and it is a wonderful choice when starting your sushi knife collection.
All knife measurements are for the blade only, not the handle.
- The blade is constructed of a single piece of steel, with a unique convex edge for unsurpassed performance
- Made of hollow handles which are then filled with sand to achieve the desired weight and deliver the perfect balance
- Perfectly balanced knives provide optimal control
- The blade is made of the finest stainless steel called Cromova 18 (Chromium, Molybdenum and Vanadium), designed exclusively for Global
- Ice tempered and hardened to Rockwell C56 - C58 degrees which holds the razor-sharp edge of the blade longer than any other steel
- Ergonomic, stainless steel hygienic handles with signature dimple pattern offer a comfortable, slip-resistant grip
- Blade Length: 12cm
- Purpose: General
- Blading: Single bevel (right-handed use)
- Made in Japan
- Hand wash only, in warm soapy water
- After washing, rinse off with warm water and dry thoroughly with a towel
- Global Knives should not be placed in the dishwasher as this can damage the sharp edges of the blade
- In addition, exposure to extreme heat and powerful detergents found in dishwashers can be harmful to Cromova 18 high carbon stainless steel
- If your knife is not stored or cleaned correctly, you may find that rust can start to develop on it
- General household stainless steel cleaners are available on the market, and any of these can be used to remove rust from your stainless steel
Customer Reviews & Ratings
Here's your chance to write the first review for this product.