Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take to arrive?
- What precautions are you taking for COVID-19?
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
This special range commemorates Global's 35th anniversary with a limited edition 13cm santoku knife that's great for cutting, chopping and mincing vegetables. The blade has a straighter edge than a chef's knife and has a blunted sheepsfoot-tip blade with a thinner spine. It can easily slice thin boned and boneless meats, fish and vegetables. The Asian-style knife with a broad blade and especially sharp cutting edge is popular with many cooks as the cutting process is smooth and effective. Santoku is a Japanese word literally meaning 'three virtues' and is used to describe the three cutting tasks that the knife is designed to do: slicing, dicing and mincing.
- Limited edition santoku knife
- Blade is constructed of a single piece of steel, with a unique convex edge for unsurpassed performance
- Features a hollow handle which is then filled with sand to achieve the desired weight and deliver the perfect balance
- The blade is made of the finest stainless steel called CROMOVA 18 (Chromium, Molybdenum and Vanadium), designed exclusively for Global
- Ice tempered and hardened to Rockwell C56 - C58 degrees which holds the razor-sharp edge of the blade longer than any other steel and resists rust, stains and corrosion
- Ergonomic, stainless steel hygienic handle with signature dimple pattern offers a comfortable, slip-resistant grip
- Made in Japan
- Blade length: 13cm
- Construction: Stamped and tempered steel
- Material: CROMOVA 18 high carbon stainless steel
- Rockwell hardness: C56-58 for optimum sharpness
All knife measurements are for the blade only, not the handle.
- Not dishwasher safe, hand wash with mild detergent
- Hand wash your knife directly after use to prevent staining, food build-up and discolouration
- Don't use corrosive detergents or harmful chemicals when washing your knife
- Dry your knife thoroughly once it’s cleaned to prevent rust spots
- Don't use your knife to chop or slice through frozen food, bones or non-food materials
Global knives come with a limited lifetime guarantee and they will repair or replace any Global knife found to have defects in workmanship or materials after thorough inspection. This guarantee assumes proper treatment, care (as outlined in the care instructions) and intended use of the knives and doesn’t include dropping the knife on a hard surface nor normal wear and tear that comes with time and use.