Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take to arrive?
- What precautions are you taking for COVID-19?
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
This special range commemorates Global's 35th anniversary with a limited edition 13cm santoku knife that's great for cutting, chopping and mincing vegetables. The blade has a straighter edge than a chef's knife and has a blunted sheepsfoot-tip blade with a thinner spine. It can easily slice thin boned and boneless meats, fish and vegetables. The Asian-style knife with a broad blade and especially sharp cutting edge is popular with many cooks as the cutting process is smooth and effective. Santoku is a Japanese word literally meaning 'three virtues' and is used to describe the three cutting tasks that the knife is designed to do: slicing, dicing and mincing.
- Limited edition santoku knife
- Blade is constructed of a single piece of steel, with a unique convex edge for unsurpassed performance
- Features a hollow handle which is then filled with sand to achieve the desired weight and deliver the perfect balance
- The blade is made of the finest stainless steel called CROMOVA 18 (Chromium, Molybdenum and Vanadium), designed exclusively for Global
- Ice tempered and hardened to Rockwell C56 - C58 degrees which holds the razor-sharp edge of the blade longer than any other steel and resists rust, stains and corrosion
- Ergonomic, stainless steel hygienic handle with signature dimple pattern offers a comfortable, slip-resistant grip
- Made in Japan
- Blade length: 13cm
- Construction: Stamped and tempered steel
- Material: CROMOVA 18 high carbon stainless steel
- Rockwell hardness: C56-58 for optimum sharpness
All knife measurements are for the blade only, not the handle.
- Hand wash only, in warm soapy water
- After washing, rinse off with warm water and dry thoroughly with a towel
- Global knives should not be placed in the dishwasher as this can damage the sharp edges of the blade
- In addition, exposure to extreme heat and powerful detergents found in dishwashers can be harmful to Cromova 18 high carbon stainless steel
- If your knife is not stored or cleaned correctly, you may find that rust can start to develop on it
- General household stainless steel cleaners are available on the market, and any of these can be used to remove rust from your stainless steel
- This product offers a lifetime warranty, against manufacturing defect only