Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take to arrive?
- What precautions are you taking for COVID-19?
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
This Sauvignon Blanc is part of the Gabriëlskloof Estate Range, a range that offers a selection of boutique-style wines that always over-deliver on quality and value. The Sauvignon Blanc 2019 was fermented in stainless steel tanks and left on its lees for four months before bottling. Expect blackcurrant, lemongrass and pear aromas on the nose. The palate is balanced and elegant, while the 20% Elgin fruit adds an extra layer of complexity. Angela Lloyd gave this wine 88 points in the Platter 2020 with the following notes: "Subtle, quite serious but eminently drinkable 2019, more about texture (light grainy notes) and weight rather than overt fruit, though there’s ripe flavour aplenty with impressive length. Very well-balanced, harmonised for such a young wine."
- Gabriëlskloof 2020 sauvignon blanc
- A classically styled sauvignon blanc with aromas of cut grass, kiwi fruit, blackcurrant and hints of citrus and tropical fruit
- The palate is multi-layered with a sophisticated, fresh mouthfeel and a crisp vibrancy with lingering flavours of Cape gooseberry, lime and zesty fruit flowing into a subtle mineral finish
- Best enjoyed at 13°C
- Drink in the next three years
- Volume: 750ml
- ABV: 13%
- Residual sugar: 1.9g/l
- Total acid: 6.7g/l
- pH: 3.7