Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take to arrive?
- What precautions are you taking for COVID-19?
- Can I send it as a gift?
- Why can't I add this to my registry?
Notify me when this item is available
When the owner of Fraser’s Folly said he had four brandy barrels that were 10 years old, they had to be used to make something very special. More than a year later, Fraser's Folly has released the first beer in their Brewer’s Reserve range — the Brandy Cask Finished Ale. This limited edition ale is aged in brandy barrels for 6 months which adds depth of flavour and character. Expect salted caramel, dates and gingerbread followed with sherry notes and Christmas spice aroma from the casks.
- Ale aged for 6 months in used South African brandy barrels
- Won the Best Speciality Beer Trophy at the South African National Beer Trophy Awards in 2018
- On the nose there is a strong sherry character from oxidation in the barrel, with layers of raisin and other dried fruit, and of course some big upfront brandy aroma with lots of Christmas spice aroma from the casks
- The flavours on the palate include salted caramel, dates and gingerbread, as well as a follow through with sherry notes and some alcoholic heat
- Pairs really with smoked and cured meat and is a great fit with a pork belly
- Or pair with a series of matured cheeses, including a really great blue cheese with sweetbread or biscuits
- Volume: 330ml
- ABV: 13%
Customer Reviews & Ratings
Here's your chance to write the first review for this product.