Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take to arrive?
- What precautions are you taking for COVID-19?
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
This wine is from a selection of vineyards around the Swartland, combining barrels from the granite sands in the Paardeberg with those from wines that came from the koffieklip soils west of Malmesbury. Winemaker Thinus Kruger's vision was to make a wine that would focus on freshness and show lively fruit, ranging from red cherry to the black savouriness of liquorice. The Shiraz parcels were fermented and matured separately. The wine spent 8 months in old 225-litre French oak barrels and no acid, yeast or enzymes were added. During primary fermentation, the wines were pumped over twice a day to extract a lively tannin to balance the fruit concentration of the wine. The Grenache and Mourvèdre components were unoaked and matured in stainless steel.
- FRAM 2019 Shiraz
- Blend of 90% Shiraz, 5% Grenache noir, 5% Mourvèdre
- A combination of savoury spice and fresh primary fruit dominates the aromatics and the palate of this wine
- Omnipresent are the definitive Swartland flavours of fresh venison and flowers
- A wonderfully complex wine even at a young age with firm yet elegant tannin
- Drink now through to 2028
- Wine of origin in the Swartland
- Volume: 750ml
- ABV: 13%
- Total acid: 5.88g/l
- Residual sugar: 2.7g/l
- pH: 3.66