Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take to arrive?
- What precautions are you taking for COVID-19?
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
Smell is the most important sense in the perception of a wine and produces 80% of the tasting experience. Make rapid progress in wine-tasting using the Le Nez du Vin kits that allow you to train and enrich your olfactory memory and to better analyse the wines that you taste.
With The Nose Knows, discover six aromas that are to be found in a wide range of wines, these are the six most familiar aromas found in wine, selected from the Nez du Vin Master Kit. To fix them in your mind is to give yourself the chance to recognise them when you find them in wines.
- Le Nez du Vin The Nose Knows kit includes 6 aromas and an instructional book
- Functions like a game - choose the aromas at random, smell them carefully (without looking), classify them, try to name them, and verify your results
- In a few weeks, you will be able to pick out, recognise and name these aromas
- The 6 aromas you will learn are grapefruit, pear, raspberry, blackcurrant, violet and toast
- A useful kit for all, whether specialists or beginner
- A tool for sommeliers or oenologists to give the sense of smell a daily workout or a gift for an already well-equipped wine connoisseur
- Not only perfects your sense of smell but also teaches the process of creating the wine that produces these aromas
- Made in France in accordance with the tradition of fine crafts
Jean Lenoir has been recognised worldwide as the pioneer of the olfaction culture for more than 30 years. He was born and raised in Burgundy, into a family that has always nurtured a passion for wine. In 1981 he created Le Nez du Vin, using a mixture of words and scent to provide both professionals and amateurs with key knowledge about aromas that characterise different wines. Le Nez du Vin aims to awaken a sense of curiosity for scents and to help people recognise the aromas found in wine, coffee and whisky.
- 6 aroma vials
- 1 instructional manual
- Presented in a cloth-bound book
- Jean Lenoir aromas will keep for 5 years
- They can last 10 years if kept in good conditions
- Keep the vials upright in the box
- Keep them away from sources of light and heat such as radiators and sunlight