Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take to arrive?
- What precautions are you taking for COVID-19?
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
Smell is the most important sense in the perception of a wine and produces 80% of the tasting experience. Make rapid progress in wine-tasting using the Le Nez du Vin kits that allow you to train and enrich your olfactory memory and to better analyse the wines that you taste.
This selection of 12 white wine aromas from the Le Nez du Vin Master Kit are directly linked to the molecular composition of white wine and Champagne. Memorising these aromas provides an accurate and coherent vocabulary to further stimulate our appreciation of fine white wines.
- Le Nez du Vin White Wine kit includes 12 aromas and a beautifully illustrated book covering the Le Nez du Vin method, as well as a detailed description of each aroma, its corresponding molecule and a listing of wines in which they can be found
- Functions like a game - choose the aromas at random, smell them carefully (without looking), classify them, try to name them, and verify your results
- In a few weeks, you will be able to pick out, recognise and name these aromas
- The 12 aromas you will learn are lemon, grapefruit, pineapple, lychee, muscat, pear, hawthorn, honey, boxwood (blackcurrant bud), butter, toast and roasted hazelnut
- A useful kit for all, whether specialists or beginner
- A tool for sommeliers or oenologists to give the sense of smell a daily workout or a gift for an already well-equipped wine connoisseur
- Not only perfects your sense of smell but also teaches the process of creating the wine that produces these aromas
- Made in France in accordance with the tradition of fine crafts
Jean Lenoir has been recognised worldwide as the pioneer of the olfaction culture for more than 30 years. He was born and raised in Burgundy, into a family that has always nurtured a passion for wine. In 1981 he created Le Nez du Vin, using a mixture of words and scent to provide both professionals and amateurs with key knowledge about aromas that characterise different wines. Le Nez du Vin aims to awaken a sense of curiosity for scents and to help people recognise the aromas found in wine, coffee and whisky.
- 12 aroma vials
- 1 aroma guide
- 1 illustrated instructional manual
- Presented in a cloth-bound book
- Jean Lenoir aromas will keep for 5 years
- They can last 10 years if kept in good conditions
- Keep the vials upright in the box
- Keep them away from sources of light and heat such as radiators and sunlight