Okay as the previous review said, this is an absolutely awesome product. We wanted a proper built-in one someday, but I'd go so far as to say this one's better (read "easier to use").
However, I thought I'd add some of things we've learnt from using it a couple times now, so people don't make the same mistakes.
This assumes you're using wood, we haven't tried it with charcoal yet.
1. Add quite a lot of wood, at least a rugby ball sized amount (can't think of another way to put it).
2. You want this guy to be HOT, it's not like a braai, it can't be TOO hot. An ideal pizza should be cooked in 3 minutes.
3. Wait for the wood to stop smoking, if not, it will taint your topping with soot (the extent of this depends greatly on the type of wood obviously).
4. Close the hole at the top when you cook the pizzas, else the toppings won't cook properly.
5. For homemade dough, put the pizza on the stone. Check it every 10 seconds (not after a minute like the instructions say). As soon as it's firmish (not floppy), transfer it to the grid and cook it on there, that way the toppings cook before the base blackens.
6. Use flour on the the pizza making surface and the peel to ensure easy transfer, make sure the surface remains dry.
7. If you do mess up while transferring the pizza, fold it over and pretend you were making a calzone.
8. If you do have left over dough, consider making a test foccacia first to get an idea of how hot your oven is.
I would recommend this product to a friend.
9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you find this review helpful? Yes | No