Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take?
- Get it in time for Christmas
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
Duvel Tripel Hop is brewed with three hop varieties and each year the third hop is changed to provide its own unique taste and aroma. For the 2017 vintage, Tripel Hop fans across the world were called to vote on their favourite. The Citra won and is now released as the best Tripel Hop ever for 2017.
- By using three instead of two hop varieties to brew, additional hop aromas are obtained and an increased bitterness is achieved
- The typical Duvel palate (using Saaz-saaz and Styrian Golding hops) is enriched with Citra hops providing notes of citrus and tropical fruits
- Citra hops are added again during dry hopping, extracting additional hop aromas into the beer
- The higher aromatic intensity rounds out the beer, backing the final alcohol content of 9.5%
Since 2007, the Duvel brewers have been exploring creative ways to use a third hop variety to add extra punch to the classic Duvel. Along with the standard, high quality hop varieties Saaz Saaz and Styrian Golding, a third hop variety is added to create an unexpected, fascinating flavour profile.
- Alcohol by volume: 9.5%
- Volume per bottle: 330ml