Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take to arrive?
- What precautions are you taking for COVID-19?
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
Note: We're able to deliver this item to you during the current lockdown level, based on government guidelines. Check the stock availability message box for more information about when we can get it to you.
This Crepe Pan is ideal for mastering traditional, crispy, paper-thin crepes. The timeless carbon steel style and construction works like a dream for high temperature cooking with an effective, natural non-stick quality which only gets better the more you use the pan. De Buyer protects and nourishes the pan with beeswax and as a next step you need to season your pan to unlock its full non-stick potential and maintain it to prevent rust.
- Mineral B heavy quality steel crepe pan
- Coated with beeswax as a protective finish against oxidation that facilitates seasoning
- Perfect caramelisation of pastry for authentic crepes
- Natural non-stick properties through gradual seasoning
- Handle wrapped between two certified PEFC beechwood parts and finished with beeswax to protect your hand from the heat
- Riveted handle curved in French style for easy handling
- Oven safe for up to 10 minutes, up to 200°C
- Made in France
Mineral B Bois consists of three natural elements, steel, wood and beeswax, all of which symbolise De Buyer's ecological commitment to healthy, natural cooking. The beechwood used is a PEFC certified wood which comes from sustainably managed forests in the French countryside.
- Steel gauge: 2.5mm thick
- Riveted handle: Steel and beechwood
- Overall dimensions: 45.5cm L x 1.2cm H
- Weight: 1.2kg
- Heat Source: Gas, Halogen, Electric, Induction, Ceramic Glass
- Prepare your frying pan by cleaning with very hot water (no soap), then dry it thoroughly
- Pour one centimeter of cooking oil into the pan, and wipe it around. Then heat it on the stove on a medium-high temperature for about 5 minutes
- Throw away the oil and wipe your pan with paper towels
- The more the pan is used, the better the performance; the darker it becomes the better it is for natural non-stick properties
- Heat a small amount of oil or fat in the frying pan, and once the pan is good and hot, seal the food about 45 seconds on each side before reducing the heat to complete cooking
- Do not leave food in the pan after cooking, as the residual heat will carry on cooking your food
Cleaning after use:
- Wash the frying pan with very hot water and a sponge, and wipe dry. Never use soap on your pan.
- From time to time, purify the pan by heating up cooking salt over a high heat for about 1.5 minutes, then wipe with a kitchen paper towel. The salt helps to suppress any residues and odour from previous cooking
- To store, wipe oil over the surface with a paper towel and put away in a dry place
- Do not leave your pan to soak. If food sticks to the pan, use a green sponge to scrub it off, and re-season the area
- Never put the pan in a dishwasher. The pan may rust if these conditions are not respected. Just scrub the pan with a hard brush to remove the rust, and season from scratch
- This product comes with a lifetime guarantee against manufacturing defects
Customer Reviews & Ratings
Here's your chance to write the first review for this product.