Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take?
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
This durable, carbon steel Deep Country Pan is ideal for high temperature cooking and has natural non-stick qualities that only get better with time and use. De Buyer protects and nourishes the pan with beeswax and, as a next step, you need to season your pan to unlock its full non-stick potential and protect it from rust. The Country Pan is great for searing, sautéing and browning and the extra depth makes it easy to prepare larger quantities. You'll love the high edges that help to contain any mess when cooking meat.
- Heavy quality steel deep sauté pan
- Coated with beeswax as a protective finish against oxidation that facilitates seasoning
- Excellent caramelisation of food and ideal for high temperature cooking
- Natural non-stick properties through gradual seasoning
- Handle wrapped between two certified PEFC beechwood parts and finished with beeswax to protect your hand from the heat
- Riveted handle curved in French style for easy handling
- Oven safe for up to 10 minutes, up to 200°C
- Made in France
Mineral B Bois consists of three natural elements, steel, wood and beeswax, all of which symbolise De Buyer's ecological commitment to healthy, natural cooking. The beechwood used is a PEFC certified wood which comes from sustainably managed forests in the French countryside.
- Diameter: 24cm
- Base diameter: 16.5cm
- Overall length: 45.6cm
- Height: 7.7cm
- Volume: 2.5L
- Weight: 1.88kg
- Steel gauge: 2.5mm thick
- Heat Source: Induction, Gas, Oven, Halogen, Electric, Ceramic Glass
- Prepare your frying pan by cleaning with very hot water (no soap), then dry it thoroughly
- Pour one centimeter of cooking oil into the pan, and wipe it around. Then heat it on the stove on a medium-high temperature for about 5 minutes
- Throw away the oil and wipe your pan with paper towels
- The more the pan is used, the better the performance; the darker it becomes the better it is for natural non-stick properties
- Heat a small amount of oil or fat in the frying pan, and once the pan is good and hot, seal the food about 45 seconds on each side before reducing the heat to complete cooking
- Do not leave food in the pan after cooking, as the residual heat will carry on cooking your food
Cleaning after use:
- Wash the frying pan with very hot water and a sponge, and wipe dry. Never use soap on your pan.
- From time to time, purify the pan by heating up cooking salt over a high heat for about 1.5 minutes, then wipe with a kitchen paper towel. The salt helps to suppress any residues and odour from previous cooking
- To store, wipe oil over the surface with a paper towel and put away in a dry place
- Do not leave your pan to soak. If food sticks to the pan, use a green sponge to scrub it off, and re-season the area
- Never put the pan in a dishwasher. The pan may rust if these conditions are not respected. Just scrub the pan with a hard brush to remove the rust, and season from scratch
- This product comes with a lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects
Customer Reviews & Ratings
Here's your chance to write the first review for this product.