Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take to arrive?
- What precautions are you taking for COVID-19?
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
The Agnes Chardonnay is named after the winemakers' great grandmother, Agnes Floyd, who arrived in South Africa at the tender age of 14. Sturdy in build and character, she is reputed to be the first lady to have had a driver's licence in the city of Cape Town. This multiple vineyard blend is made to reflect the resilience and strength of Agnes, with each vineyard contributing complexity to the final wine. Sourced from five vineyards in the Hemel-en-Aarde and Overberg regions, this wine was produced using the traditional method of transferring the whole grape clusters straight from harvesting into the press and running the juice off into a settling tank. Fermented and aged in 228 and 500-litre French oak barrels, 10% of which were new. Naturally fermented in barrel, where it remained for 9 months before bottling.
- Crystallum 2018 The Agnes chardonnay
- A complex, balanced vintage reflecting the distinctness of its 5 fruit sources
- White peach, litchi and green apple on the nose with lime zest, butterscotch and a pleasant gunflint and smoke on the palate
- Restrained oaking and crisp acidity provide leanness and edge to support the prominent primary fruit
- No sulphur dioxide or enzymes are added prior to fermentation
- Wine of origin in the Western Cape
- Volume: 750ml
- ABV: 13%
- Residual sugar: 1.8g/l
- Total acidity: 5.5g/l
- Total sulphites: 58mg/l
- pH: 3.33
Customer Reviews & Ratings
Here's your chance to write the first review for this product.