Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take to arrive?
- What precautions are you taking for COVID-19?
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
Miso is a traditional fermented Japanese staple food and seasoning made from different types of grains but mainly soya and a unique koji fermentation culture. Clearspring Sweet White Miso is a short-aged Kyoto style miso with a wonderful creamy richness and a slightly salty sweetness, traditionally made in small batches to maintain its special quality. Sweet White Miso was historically reserved for the rich and royalty because it is made with lots of rice koji, which was very expensive at that time. However, now that rice is less expensive, Sweet White Miso can be enjoyed by everyone and every day.
- Organic Sweet White Miso with a delicious savoury, yet sweet taste and a wonderfully creamy texture
- Blend with oil and vinegar for savoury sauces and dressings or dilute with cooking liquid to enrich the flavour of soups and stews
- Try using a little in mashed potato instead of milk, or in creamy soups instead of cream
- It is also perfect for party snack foods such as dips and salad dressings
- It's light colour may darken over time due to natural ageing but this does not alter its flavour
- Vegan and gluten free
- Weight: 250g
- Ingredients: Cultured organic rice (42%), water, organic soya beans (21%), sea salt
- Reseal pack after use
- Refrigerate after opening and use within 2 months
- Miso is a live product and ongoing fermentation may cause the pouch to bulge, it will still be safe to consume.
- Harmless white yeasts may develop from exposure to air, simply skim off