Plums and raspberries sing of summer with their bright, jewel tones. Add this gem to toast, with cheese and crackers, or add into baked goods for an extra layer of flavour. Inspired yet? This one has star anise added for extra depth of flavour.
- Grown and made in Stellenbosch, Cape Town
- Fruit ripened on the tree for as long as possible to maximise the natural sugars
- Grown in organically fertilised orchards
- Perfect for serving on toast with cheese, on a cheese platter, with scones, or in baked goods
Serving Suggestion: Fruit scones with raspberry and plum jam
500 ml (300 g) self raising flour
50 ml (40 g) sugar
100 g butter
125 ml buttermilk
60-80 ml milk
Beaten egg for glazing
- Sift flour in a mixing bowl. Add sugar. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Combine the buttermilk and egg and add to dry ingredients with enough milk to make a dough that is soft but not sticky, don’t over mix dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently.
- Roll out about 2cm thick and cut out scones with a 6cm diameter round cutter.
- Place onto a greased baking tray and brush with egg glaze.
- Bake at 200° C for 15 - 20 minutes.
Remove and cool and serve with Chaloner Raspberry and plum jam and cream.
- Brown sugar
- Raspberries (38 %)
- Plums with skin (17 %)
- Lemon juice
- Herbs and spices