Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take?
- Can I send it as a gift?
- Why can't I add this to my registry?
Notify me when this item is available
Made from Chaloner's Amber Jewel plums, this plum chutney is a revelation on plum-flavoured deliciousness. Great with chicken or cheese, cold meats and in sandwiches, it really shines when paired with the humble pig.
- Grown and made in Stellenbosch, Cape Town
- Fruit ripened on the tree for as long as possible to maximise the natural sugars
- Grown in organically fertilised orchards
- Perfect for serving on toast for breakfast, or as part of a delicious basting or sauce
Suggestion: Pork Spareribs in Plum Chutney
8 pork spareribs
1 jar Chaloner Plum Chutney
1 large onion, sliced
Place pork on a greased roasting tray.
Brush on plenty of plum sauce on both sides.
Spread onions over the pork and simply roast in the oven at 180°C for about 40-45 minutes, turning once or until browned and caramelized.
- Plums with skin (39%)
- Brown sugar
- Red wine vinegar
- Onion (10%)
- Chilli (chillii, water, salt)
Not suitable for people with nut allergies.
Customer Reviews & Ratings
This chutney is absolutely necessary for any cheese and wine party or your Christmas party table. It pairs perfectly with a Christmas ham and is heavenly with any hard cheese.
It's slightly savoury flavour makes it ideal as a dip for spring rolls and samoosas, too.
I would recommend this product to a friend.