Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take to arrive?
- What precautions are you taking for COVID-19?
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
Using Amber Jewel Plums which have a very high natural sugar content this versatile preserve goes with just about anything, from cheese to serve with savoury dishes.
- Grown and made in Stellenbosch, Cape Town
- Fruit ripened on the tree for as long as possible to maximise the natural sugars
- Grown in organically fertilised orchards
- Perfect for serving on toast, with cheese or scones, and in any other way you feel
Serving Suggestion: Pork sausages with plum and onion preserve
500g/1lb 2oz pork sausages
Chaloner plum and onion preserve
- Cook the sausages either by pan, grill or bake and serve with the plum and onion preserve.
- Plums with skin (53 %)
- Brown sugar
- Onion (10 %)
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Herbs and spices
Customer Reviews & Ratings
Jamie Oliver can sometimes be seen adding a little jam to his gravy. This plum and onion preserve is a much better option - a couple of teaspoons stirred in as the gravy thickens adds some real interest without cloying sweetness.
That's quite apart from being perhaps the best thing you can add to cheese or cold meats.
I would recommend this product to a friend.