Do you love living in the city but dream about growing your own wholesome fruit and vegetables? South Africa’s organic gardening guru, Jane Griffiths, shows you just how easy it is to achieve a flourishing food garden, no matter how small your space.
Jane’s Delicious Urban Gardening is packed with inspirational ideas and practical information on all aspects of urban eco living. Illustrated with hundreds of beautiful colour photographs, Jane’s Delicious Urban Gardening is essential reading for anyone wanting to live a more sustainable, productive and healthy lifestyle in the city.
In her trademark sensible and easy-to-follow style, Jane provides a wealth of tips and suggestions for:
- Growing organic vegetables just about anywhere – from containers to edible walls, from raised beds to rooftops, from community gardens to neglected pavements
- Planting and maintaining a space-efficient urban orchard
- Converting an existing lawn or tennis court into an instant edible oasis
- Keeping urban bees, hens and aquaponic tanks
- Harvesting rainwater and recycling grey water
- Introducing solar power into your home
- Converting a chlorinated swimming pool into a wetland-filtered haven
Please note that we do not accept returns on books. See our Help Center for more info.
- Soft cover
- 256 pages