Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take to arrive?
- What precautions are you taking for COVID-19?
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
Explore all the culinary possibilities with the 2XL Ceramic Outdoor Cooker. Based on the design of an ancient cooking oven, called the 'kamado', the Big Green Egg has taken the culinary world by storm. At once a braai, an outdoor oven, a pizza oven, and a smoker, the Big Green Egg is a ceramic revolution. You’ll need to gather a crowd to tackle all of the ribs, steaks and burgers this Egg can handle all at once.
- Highest quality ceramic cooking system
- The Biggest Green Egg of them all, the unrivalled 2XL can easily handle your family reunion or cookouts with large groups
- It is more than large enough to satisfy restaurant and catering needs
- Great for family and large sized gatherings
- Can accommodate: 35-40 burgers, 14-16 whole chickens, 18-20 steaks, 20 racks of rib (vertically) and 1 perfectly crisp suckling pig
Note: all accessories should be bought separately, including the Nest Stand.
- The Egg will arrive disassembled, with an assembly kit
- Set up the larger Eggs on a stable surface, where you will be using it. It's heavy, so you won't want to move it around much
- If you are using the Nest, set it up somewhere stable, where it cannot roll around
- Grid Diameter: 74cm
- Cooking area: 4336cm²
- Weight: 170kg
- Height: 102cm
- Be very cautious when unloading and setting up the Big Green Egg, as parts are heavy and metal edges can be sharp
- Always cook with the dome closed, so the system can regulate airflow and temperature properly
- Use only natural lump charcoal, not wood or briquettes to fuel the Egg
- Never use lighter fluid, as ceramic is porous and will absorb the odour permanently
- Cook below 177°C for the first few times, to let everything settle properly
- When cooking at high temperatures, remember to vent or 'burp' the Egg before lifting the lid fully. Do this by lifting the lid just a little a few times, to allow a small amount of air in before opening fully, to prevent a big downdraft causing a flare up
- When handling hot metal or ceramics, use heatproof gloves
- Use the ceramic damper to snuff out the fire in the Egg, by depriving it of oxygen. Never use water to put the fire out, as the porous ceramic will absorb it and can crack because of it
- Don't stoke or turn coals once lit, as the firebox is designed to light evenly and clearly
- Maintain the nuts and bolts, ensuring that they are tight enough
- NEVER light or use the Big Green Egg indoors
- Limited lifetime warranty (more details here)
- 5 year warranty on metal parts
- Warranties are for private, residential or home use, and not for commercial or business use
- Warranties do not cover dropping or breakage, just manufacturing and technical faults
Customer Reviews & Ratings
Here's your chance to write the first review for this product.