Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take to arrive?
- What precautions are you taking for COVID-19?
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
Based on the design of an ancient cooking oven, called the 'kamado', the Big Green Egg has taken the culinary world by storm. At once a braai, an outdoor oven, a pizza oven, and a smoker, the Big Green Egg is a ceramic revolution. This is the granddaddy of Big Green Eggs. More of a kitchen than a simple outdoor cooker, the Extra Large Egg has a big cooking area and a large fire capacity, allowing you to make several meals at once, cater for large groups or cook over an extended period of time with very little interference.
- Large firebox capacity means you can cook low and slow over long periods of time
- Large cooking area means you can cook up to 14 racks of ribs, 24 burgers, 11 whole chickens, a 12kg turkey, or several pizzas
- Great for large gatherings and high volume cooking
Note: all accessories should be bought separately, including the Nest Stand.
- The Egg will arrive dissasembled, with an assembly kit
- Set up the larger eggs on a stable surface, where you will be using it. It's heavy, so you won't want to move it around much
- If you are using the Nest, set it up somewhere stable, where it cannot roll about
- Grid Diameter: 69 cm
- Cooking Area: 2919 cm²
- Weight: 102 kgs
- Height: 82cm
- Be very cautious when unloading and setting up the Big Green Egg, as parts are heavy and metal edges can be sharp
- Always cook with the dome closed, so the system can regulate airflow and temperature properly
- Use only natural lump charcoal, not wood or briquettes to fuel the Egg
- Never use lighter fluid, as ceramic is porous and will absorb the odour permanently
- Cook below 177°C for the first few times, to let everything settle properly
- When cooking at high temperatures, remember to vent or 'burp' the Egg before lifting the lid fully. Do this by lifting the lid just a little a few times, to allow a small amount of air in before opening fully, to prevent a big downdraft causing a flare up
- When handling hot metal or ceramics, use heatproof gloves
- Use the ceramic damper to snuff out the fire in the Egg, by depriving it of oxygen. Never use water to put the fire out, as the porous ceramic will absorb it and can crack because of it
- Don't stoke or turn coals once lit, as the firebox is designed to light evenly and clearly
- Maintain the nuts and bolts, ensuring that they are tight enough
- NEVER light or use the Big Green Egg indoors
- Limited lifetime warranty (more details here)
- To ensure that your warranty is valid, register your Big Green Egg with them here
- Five year warranty on metal parts
- Warranties are for private, residential or home use, and not for commercial or business use
- Warranties do not cover dropping or breakage, just manufacturing and technical faults
Customer Reviews & Ratings
It is now over 5 years that I have been cooking with my Extra Large Egg and 3 years with the Maxi. Yes I was so impressed with what happens to meat in the Egg, that I also invested in a smaller Egg. My family believes I am a genius with my roasts and braais. I have also roasted a whole sheep in my Egg. This has changed the way I cook outdoors. I believe the best for smoking- have not tried that yeRead more
I would recommend this product to a friend.